Wednesday 3 April 2013

Spring Time Beauties...


Bonjour mes amis!

It is now officially Spring time (ish); we’ve put the clocks forward (I’m still catching up with the hour’s sleep I lost), Easter has been and gone, and it’ll soon be my birthday!

I’d like to take this opportunity to talk about a collection that I’m MEGA excited about purchasing (once my loan comes through…)- and that is the New Kelly Brooke Collection for New Look.

Now everyone is aware that Kelly Brooke is not a tiny size zero model; she’s a real woman with real curves and this is very much reflected in the clothes she helped to design and modelled for as part of the promotion (who better for the face of her own campaign?)

I want to pick out a few of my favourite items, then link them back to the Catwalk shows of S/S 13, to give the styles some context. I will only choose clothes on this occasion, even though she has released some equally beautiful underwear and swimwear as well, (plus some beauty items.)

The first item I want to talk about is the Navy Jumpsuit with the sweetheart neckline. Now I am a sucker for a good sweetheart neckline; and this gorgeous wide-legged jumpsuit demonstrates perfectly how to flatter a curvier woman’s figure; especially her bust. The small red belt with love heart buckle cinches the waist in and gives you that very sought after hour glass figure.



Next is the red gingham shift-style dress, this would be perfect for that picnic in the park. The colours are so feminine and the pleats in the material around the waist are very flattering.



The red Gingham also comes in the form of a bra-let. Now I love a good bra-let; may have to do a few sit ups to get a stomach like Kelly Brooke, however, before I buy one of these.



As made famous by Urban Outfitters, the silky disco pants are a must have amongst young hipsters everywhere. They’re high-waisted, they’re figure hugging; and in this royal blue, teamed with gingham bra-let shown above, and some sky-high heels; your legs will look like they’re going on for miles.



Up next we have a very cute red fitted varsity jumper, team that with a pleated skirt and you’ll feel like an American Cheerleader! (I wish). It’s stretchy and fits perfectly over a big bust and tiny waist.



If you’d like something a bit more formal, then this fitted floral dress with yet another sweetheart neckline. It’s so incredibly feminine; and teamed with a pair of red stilettos or wedges; you’ll look amazing!



Finally we have the floral printed bra-let and high-waisted shorts, to match the fitted dress. This outfit can be dressed up; with stilettos, a fabulous clutch and killer red pout for the bar, or dressed down; with a big floppy hat, a massive beach bag and some cute wedges for the beach.




Overall, this collection is amazing, and I haven’t even mentioned any of the stunning swimwear and underwear; it’s all very 50s pin up and it’s something well worth spending your money on this summer.

I now want to talk about where Kelly Brooke may have gotten her influences from on the catwalk. Some of the RTW collections at the S/S 13 Fashion weeks were very pin up and girly-chic. Here’s my pick;

The first Brand I want to talk about is Alica and Olivia; their RTW Collection in New York was ultra girly and colourful, featuring gorgeous 50s silhouettes with garments such as poodle skirts, cigarette trousers, tulip dresses, and lots of adorable peplum.








Next is the Swimwear showcased in London by Caroline Charles. I loved the bright colours and massive beach bags, it’s made me really look forward to the hot summer months (although I may to go abroad for that, if the weather continues like this). The summer dresses are just the right amount of feminine, and teamed with bright wedges, and some Ray Ban’s; it’s the perfect holiday look. Then, to top off the show, some white lace is brought out in flashes of peplum and large sun hats- very 70s.






A nice new designer that I have discovered is Nanette Lapor, and her S/S 13 Collection shown in New York featured some very nice shapes and fabrics, including black Gingham, and lots of floral patterns. She uses colour and pattern clash very nicely and some of my favourite items are either turquoise or bright orange. Very chic.






And last but certainly not least, the Temperley London collection in, would you believe it, London, was one of the most feminine collections I’ve seen of S/S 13. The fantastic prints on the 50s style dresses and skirts have been styled beautifully with bright wedges, elegant gloves, and blacked out sunglasses. I am going to be purchasing a dress as similar as I can in style, colour and print to those showcased in this awesome collection.








Overall, I hope this bloody horrible weather subsides and I can put away all my winter coats, hats gloves and scarves for at least 3/4 months. That is all.

Much love

Mica

x



2 comments: